Friday, October 23, 2009

First Weekly Guest Blog by College Roomie!

"The media tends to report rumors, speculations, and projections as facts...How does the media do this? By quoting some "expert"...you can always find some expert who will say something hopelessly hopeless about anything." ~Peter McWilliams


I'm so excited for the first guest blog! Several of you have talked to me about doing this....so you should! Just email me something by Thursday night and I'll put it up! :) I fear my friends may be more interesting than me and everyone will want guest blogs all week, but I will cross that bridge when I get there!




The first guest blog is one of my best friends....College Roomie! We have known each other since high school, but she thought I was stuck up. Then we were roomies for three glorious years at Oklahoma State, where she saw the error of her thinking. :) So......drum roll please.....HERE'S COLLEGE ROOMIE!!



I’ll preface this by saying that in general I’m a pretty laid back person. I don’t like conflict, arguing, or even ruffling feathers. If I’m annoyed by something, I’ll typically keep it to myself. But when I was expressing a current burr in my side to Tiff, she said that I should write about it on her blog. So here goes: every time I hear someone say anything about the economy or about the swine flu (which I really prefer to call the H1N1 virus--poor piggies), it makes me want to scream. Both of these things are serious issues, and it is not my intention to undermine either one of them. But I’m tired of hearing about it. Wash your hands frequently and don’t spend money you don’t have on things you don’t need. Oh and enough about Michael Jackson. I blame the fact that all three of these topics have been exhausted on the media.

I want to end this on a positive note. The holidays are just around the corner. Cold weather clothes (scarves!) are fun. And we live in the best country in the world where we can practice (or not practice) the religion of our choice, come and go as we please, and (guest) blog about whatever we want. And I personally need to remember these words of wisdom from some unknown source:



(Clever bar advertisement from San Francisco Girls Weekend 2008)

The next time you feel like complaining remember: your garbage disposal probably eats better than thirty percent of the people in this world.

1 comment:

crystal.cattle said...

Great post! And a great idea Tiffany. I think too many people let the media consume their daily lives.

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com