Thursday, October 1, 2009

Heaven

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted. He rescues those who are crushed in spirit." ~ Ps. 34:18
(St. Peter overlooking cross statue in Vatican City)
It's amazing how God can put messages our lives when we really need to hear them. When I was in college at OSU, I went to Sunnybrook Christian Church. I loved that church and the people and our wonderful life group and the preacher, Jim. Lucky for me, they post sermons from Jim online so that I can still listen to and learn from him even though I'm no longer in Stillwater. (I just read that and realized it sounded like they did this for me----I'm totally not that important---but I do benefit from whatever reason they decided to do it!)

Jim has been doing a series on Heaven. As everyone knows from the prior blog entries, I recently lost one of my favorite people in the world, Mr. F. Losing someone you love really makes you think about your faith and what you believe Heaven will be like. This series tackles these questions head-on.

I haven't gotten through all of the sermons yet, but I'm working on them. If you are interested, you can listen to them online at: http://sunnybrookcc.org/pages/page.asp?page_id=50120. Just click on "Show Details" under the "Heaven" series. Then click on "Listen Now."

One of the most interesting questions tonight was: What do you currently believe about Heaven? It's something to think about.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiff, I recently finished a study on Heaven, based on the book by Randy Alcorn. It changed my perspective on heaven. I have been ready for a while now, I am longing for a country not of this earth, but this book really made me think about the particulars. I highly recommend this book. Mr. Franklin in my mind has a mansion on a hill overlooking gentle rolling hills full of green grass and sheep. When we get there, he will come to us with a really good sheep that we just need to have and he will be able to tell you what ewe it is out of and what ram and he wont need the book or clipboard! Sandra

Tiffany said...

So funny you should mention this---that's the exact book that Jim's series is based on! I actually got it from Amazon and it arrived on Monday! So far I'm on chapter three and I already love it! I'm really excited to continue reading now if you enjoyed it so much as well!