I've written before that one of my regrets is that I never went on a wild, crazy Spring Break trip in college. Because Spring Break is upon us (and by us I mean those kids lucky enough to still be in college and get a week off unlike the rest of us working slobs), I decided to share with you my only Spring Break story. I'll break it into three parts, so you'll have to follow along for the next three weeks----and trust me, the last episode will be by far the best!
Most college students who take a Spring Break trip head to party it up like rockstars on the beach somewhere. For my last college Spring Break, I took a trip with College Roomie and Cousin Whitney......to check out law schools and tour around Washington, D.C. I know, I know....party animals.
We flew into Baltimore and took the train to DC the first day. I should probably admit this now. I'm sort of famous for crashing on people's couches/floors anytime I go on a trip. For real, I hardly ever get a hotel room. They are expensive and luckily, I know people all over the country who have perfectly usable couches and floors and don't mind putting me up. Thank you, friends! One of these friends, Miss Superstar (well, now it's Mrs. Superstar, but then it was still Miss) was living in DC and graciously let us crash at her place!
College Roomie and I had been to DC a couple of times before, but it was Cousin Whitney's first trip. I should probably admit this too. When I go on vacation somewhere, I plan to get my money's worth. This means that I will run and go and pretty much wear myself out in order to see everything I can possibly fit in. Let me tell you what, if you want to jam pack seeing everything in a city into a day and a half, I'm your girl! If you want a really relaxing and restful vacation, you'll probably hate me.
So, in the two and a half days we were there, we saw tons of stuff....
The Supreme Court...

Arlington National Cemetery....









We flew into Baltimore and took the train to DC the first day. I should probably admit this now. I'm sort of famous for crashing on people's couches/floors anytime I go on a trip. For real, I hardly ever get a hotel room. They are expensive and luckily, I know people all over the country who have perfectly usable couches and floors and don't mind putting me up. Thank you, friends! One of these friends, Miss Superstar (well, now it's Mrs. Superstar, but then it was still Miss) was living in DC and graciously let us crash at her place!College Roomie and I had been to DC a couple of times before, but it was Cousin Whitney's first trip. I should probably admit this too. When I go on vacation somewhere, I plan to get my money's worth. This means that I will run and go and pretty much wear myself out in order to see everything I can possibly fit in. Let me tell you what, if you want to jam pack seeing everything in a city into a day and a half, I'm your girl! If you want a really relaxing and restful vacation, you'll probably hate me.
So, in the two and a half days we were there, we saw tons of stuff....
The Supreme Court...

Arlington National Cemetery....
Ford's Theater...

The Capitol...


All the monuments.... (where we took the obligatory Forrest Gump picture!)



Union Square...


The National Zoo (to see the baby panda!)...
The highlight of our trip came the second night when Miss Superstar hooked us up thanks to her job. Did I mention that she was working at the White House? Yea she was---which meant that she got to take us on a private tour of the place! Pretty darn incredible!

We got to see tons of stuff, including the Oval Office and the press room that we've all seen 1000 times on tv!

I remember when we came to a bathroom on the tour, I decided that even though I didn't have to go, I should go anyway, because how many people can say they peed in the White House? Yea...this girl can!
So after our siteseeing all over DC, it was time for part two of our trip.....we would take the train to Virginia to have a law school visit at William & Mary. Stay tuned next week!

I remember when we came to a bathroom on the tour, I decided that even though I didn't have to go, I should go anyway, because how many people can say they peed in the White House? Yea...this girl can!So after our siteseeing all over DC, it was time for part two of our trip.....we would take the train to Virginia to have a law school visit at William & Mary. Stay tuned next week!








5 comments:
Ahh, good memory! That was a fun trip.
-College Roomie
Who doesn't want to say that they have used the bathroom in the whitehouse...I wish I could say that.
BOKG
What an awesome trip!! I went when I was in 6th grade, but I'd love to go again. I can't really remember my trip that much.
I have always wanted to go to Washington. One day I will, I don't know if I'll pee at the White House though.
That was such a fun trip!!! Stay tuned for the rest people.
Cousin Whitney
Post a Comment