Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Father Daughter Ski Trip

"What do you first do when you learn to swim? You make mistakes, do you not? And what happens? You make other mistakes, and when you have made all the mistakes you possibly can without drowning - and some of them many times over - what do you find? That you can swim? Well - life is just the same as learning to swim! Do not be afraid of making mistakes, for there is no other way of learning how to live!" ~Alfred Adler

I headed back to my parents' the last weekend in August for one last lake trip this summer. You read abour our big Fourth of July trip previously. We were hoping to have a bunch of family be able to come in for the last trip, but in the end, it ended up just being my dad and my uncle, Cousin Whitney and I. We deemed it Father Daughter Ski Trip. Here are just a few snapshots of the day. The weather was perfect, the water was smooth, The Classic ran like a dream and it really could not have been a better day for skiing.






For those of you wondering, yes, my dad and my uncle are old. Yet they are still pretty much rockstars on skis. Snow and water, for that matter. Fingers crossed that's genetic!

We did have one little mishap involving men not using much common sense and running out of gas. For the record, I told them it was stupid from the get-go. Fortunately, as you recall from this blog, my Dad and I learned the art of paddling while white water rafting two weeks before, so he was able to paddle the vessel back to shore!
The day after......well that could have been a lot better. I was so sore I could hardly move. I seriously think I may have whiplash. Self imposed whiplash---way to go, Tiffany. Trying to learn to ski on one ski instead of two is a painful thing, turns out! And instead of realizing this and stopping, I decided to be stubborn and pig-headed and keep going. Seriously, there may have been permanent neck damage!

And so, with that, the ski boats are put up for the summer. And my neck has about 9 months to recover. But next year, be ready. We're going to get this one ski business down!

No comments: