Thursday, November 3, 2011

Letters to Mr. Right: Letter #5

"The years teach much which the days never knew." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


Dear Mr. Right,


I'm not getting any younger here. In fact, I became a year older on Tuesday. But I think you'll be okay with that. Because there were a lot of things I did not know when I was younger.


I didn't know how to navigate public transportation in a big city. I had no idea how to keep track of my tax information in Quicken. I had never even dreamed that I would be able to run a half marathon. I made fun of people who had facebook. I did not realize that there is a big world out there that I really want to see. My rule used to be that unless someone was bleeding, I better not get a text message because it would cost me 15 cents. I only wore sports bras. Like seriously...with everything. And I didn't know yet that your heart and the way you treat people would be the most important thing about you to me.


So I'd like to think I'm getting better with age. But still hurry, because let's be honest. At some point, I'm going to hit a peak and start going the other direction.


Waiting for that day,


Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany... I love this blog along with all of your others. And I promise that he won't care if you think you've reached your peak and are on the downhill slide...You are never going to slide off the peak in his eyes.

Rach said...

He will be a lucky guy :)