Wednesday, November 9, 2011

WILW #11

"Be content with what you have, rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." ~Lao Tzu

It's been a LONG time since I've linked up with Miss Jamie for WILW...so here we go!


I'm loving.....



Uno...The Blonde Oklahoma Girl got a great new blog design. I mean seriously, her blog looks excellent. Go check it out....just click here! And follow her. Because she's awesome.
Dos....Last week was All Soul's Day, a day of rememberance for those who have passed away. I absolutely love this clip from Father Barron (ND Friend's boss!) explaining why we pray for the dead. I love his explaination and the hope and belief that we can maintain our relationship and connection with those who have passed away. (Apparently I'm on a prayer kick this week...did you catch yesterday's post about praying and football?)

Tres....This chick below. Replace "World Series" with "BCS Bowl" and it could be me. And if my Cowboys keep on winning, that might literally be me come January! You know, except for the whole boy telling me he'll give me an engagement ring. Whatev. Fingers crossed and GO POKES!


Quatro...Terri Clark's new song called "The One." Favorite lines: "Just because I won't settle don't mean I won't settle down." and "If I can't feel the music when somebody holds me, how am I supposed to dance?"

Cinco....Our awesome Halloween costumes. Check it:

Get it? Rock, Paper, Scissors! And because the Blonde Oklahoma Girl was involved, they were covered in glitter. Love it!

Sies....Kevin Durant. I loved watching him play college basketball (even though he was slamming it home over my Cowboys!) at Texas and he now plays for the OKC Thunder in the NBA. In case you don't listen to sports radio, there's a lock out going on right now, so KD doesn't have a job and he is bored. He tweeted asking if anyone was playing flag football. Well an OSU student answered and the next thing you know, KD showed up to play in Stillwater. On the same fields where the Animal House Boys used to pay and College Roomie and I cheered them on. Click here to see the video of KD's game. Apparently my love for star athletes is a theme this week...remember yesterday's post?

Siete....This story. When Lindsay Vann was visiting his high school, a sophmore boy went up to her at lunch and asked her to homecoming. No biggie. Just an Olympic gold medalist and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model. And she said yes. Good lesson.....ask the dream girl to the dance. She might say yes.



Ocho....this guy. You want to talk about motivation----I feel like running a marathon myself after watching that video! We have the power to take steps, even small ones at first, to make ourselves happy. First steps can turn into finishing an Ironman. I love that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to make me cry :) I love the video of that guy. OMG that was the best motivation ever!
~LOKG

Kit said...

Great loves!!!

Kristen said...

Haha, love the costumes!

Aimee said...

rock, paper, scissors...that is awesome! haha.