Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Photos of the Week: Week 45

Well since I didn't get my photos posted over the weekend, we're having Photos of the Week today. But for those of you who can't go a day without reading my rantings, you can check out a guest post I did last week on one of my favorite bloggers, Courtney at Vintch! Just click here. And trust me, add Courtney's blog to your list of ones to read every day...she's awesome! And now, on to photos.



Theme: Wind


I got this shot at home this weekend. It's a photo of one of our windmills through a cottonwood tree that's a perfect shade of bright yellow. And by the way, the wind was blowing like 50 miles an hour that day, causing a tree to blow over onto the road. No lie, we had to move it with the tractor.



Theme: Black and White Photo (Quotography)

This is one of my favorite black and white photos that I've taken. I shot this at the church with the miracle staircase, the Loretto Chapel. I found this quote and just loved it. Check out all the other entries at My Perspective!



Theme: Show Off Your Shot
I sort of fell in love with this picture. Last week I spoke at a water industry conference in Austin, Texas. It was at a beautiful resort (Lost Pine) and I took a little jog along the bank of the Colorado River at dusk. It was just a beautiful day and a beautiful location. Check out the other entries at "And Then She Snapped."


Theme: Purple Mountain Majesty (Project 64)
I jumped back a bit to find this picture. Remember the Steeplechase from last Spring? Well I had snapped this picture and figured that I could use it for a Project 64 color....and now I can! Such a bright shade of purple--I just love it! See the other entries at Project 64.



Theme: Clear as Glass
This is another shot that I took on the river in Austin. I just loved the reflection of the colored leaves on the water. No wind and the bright sun made for clear water!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Love the purple flower and the clear water.

-College Roomie

Lisa said...

Another week of lovely photos! Not sure where to begin. The quotography one is really powerful. And I always like close-ups of flowers. :-) But sunsets and autumn colors are hard to beat, for sure.

Visiting from Project 64 and Quotography.

Jaymi said...

great shots! I love the 4th and 5th ones!