Thursday, November 10, 2011

Letters to Mr. Right: Letter #6

"Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale." ~Author Unknown


Dear Mr. Right,


Just so you know, I'm not expecting some unrealistic, tv romance.


For example, I don't expect it to be like 8 Seconds where Kelly and Lane ride the horse together. I can ride my own horse, thank you. And I don't expect for you to have to save the damsel in distress like on the Wedding Planner. I can walk in heels without tripping on the street, thank you. Oh, and I'm not going to meet you online like on You've Got Mail. I don't believe in that, thank you. (My plea about Kyle the Medic notwithstanding...) And I won't make you leave your job coaching football at the best program in Texas to move back east with me (sorry, Tami Taylor, but I'm still upset over that one). I get the importance of football, thank you.


But if you could do a few little things for me, that would be great. Like give me your jacket when I get cold. And put your arm on the small of my back when we walk into a room. Know that my favorite flowers are tulips, and not roses. And treat my girl friends well--especially if any of them are still single by the time you show up. Bring me ice cream if I've had a bad day. Practice up on your shoulder massages. Wear square toed boots. Don't try to convince me that I'll like fish if I just try it. And ask me to dance any time you can.


I think if you manage to pull those things off, it'll be better than any Hollywood produced romance anyway, thank you.


Waiting for that day,

Me

5 comments:

Lyndse said...

My favorite line..."I can ride my own horse, thank you"

LOVE IT!!

BOKG

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the line about liking fish if you'd "just try it."

Real life will be so much better than any movie fairy tale that has been written.

-College Roomie

Jenn said...

Ok...this is identical to my letter to Mr. Right, tuplips and all! NM girls must all be alike!

vintch said...

oh how romantic and sweet:) i love the independence laced into this post--because the perfect man doesn't just sweep you off your feet--he dances and walks beside you. LOVE THIS.

Brooke said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE POST! I giggled my way through that one! :) Wishing Mr. Right your way soon! xoxo Brooke