I know, I know.....it's Friday and this post is not about farming. I'll get it together next week and Family Farm Friday will return!
Anyway, The Bride does posts that she calls "brain dumps" sometimes where she just writes stuff that she wants to say, but that doesn't really need its own blog, and doesn't fit with anything else. So....with that.....here we go!
1. Physical Therapy.
I've been going to physical therapy for my back injury. You might remember that I hurt my lower back in kickboxing back in December. So...this means that my super cute PT spends a lot of time poking around on my backside. It's awkward. Last week while he was doing this, I couldn't focus on what he was asking me about my back because literally ALL I could think of was, "I should have done more lunges at the gym." Get my drift?
2. State Wrestling Tournament.
I spent a couple of Saturdays ago at the State Wrestling Tournament watching one of the kiddos who I used to babysit compete. Do not ask me how this child is now a senior in high school, is 5 inches taller than me, and could probably break me in half. I blame his 5 years worth of wrestling!
I'll have to admit (and totally sound like a terrible OSU alum since I'm pretty sure we were National Champions every year I was there) that I had never seen a single wrestling match. Well.....I got caught up by watching about 5 hours worth on that Saturday! Did ya'll know that wrestling is the oldest sport in the world? It is the only sport mentioned in the Bible and it was at the first Olympic games.
Wrestling tournaments are mentally exhausting.....there was so much going on and people screaming and I'm just saying that is one intense sport! And this is from the girl who just had her hiney sitting in the stands all day, I can't imaging actually being the wrestler! Even though my kid didn't win state, he did a great job and made it to the semi-finals. I am so proud of him and so glad that I got to see him wrestle in his last meet!
3. Music.
I'm absolutely in love with Justin Moore's new song If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away. I tell you what, you change a few names and dates in that song, and I could have written it!
4. Buried Life.
I know I've blogged about this show before, but this past weekend I had myself a little Buried Life marathon and let me just tell you....I love those guys! I mean, they are over the top and crazy but they make me want to really LIVE my life!
5. South African Safari.
I'll admit it. I've been watching this season of the Bachelor. Yes, I know it's stupid and trashy and ridiculous, but after a day at work, I enjoy the mindlessness of it all, and seriously, the dude has a southern accent that just melts my heart. Anyway.....after this week's episode, I have officially added South Africa to my list of travel destinations. Safari here I come! It looks SO beautiful and I'm itching to hop on that plane right now! (That giant THUD you heard was one or both of my parents falling over dead at the thought of this. Just FYI.)
6. Cards for Little Linebacker.
You know those people who seem to just have things all together and organized and always have the best ideas? SoulMate Friend is one of those people! At Little Linebacker's First Birthday Party, she handed everyone an envelope with a number written on the back.
I got a little choked up watching one of his grandfathers write Little Linebacker a letter to be opened on his 16th birthday. Hopefully his grandpa will be there to hand it to him--but if he's not, how amazing is it that Little Linebacker will have a letter to open on this important day from someone who might no longer be here? Looking back on my own life, thinking about how much a letter from someone who I have lost would mean to me now, well I just think this is the best idea I've ever heard!

Anyway, The Bride does posts that she calls "brain dumps" sometimes where she just writes stuff that she wants to say, but that doesn't really need its own blog, and doesn't fit with anything else. So....with that.....here we go!
1. Physical Therapy.
I've been going to physical therapy for my back injury. You might remember that I hurt my lower back in kickboxing back in December. So...this means that my super cute PT spends a lot of time poking around on my backside. It's awkward. Last week while he was doing this, I couldn't focus on what he was asking me about my back because literally ALL I could think of was, "I should have done more lunges at the gym." Get my drift?
2. State Wrestling Tournament.
I spent a couple of Saturdays ago at the State Wrestling Tournament watching one of the kiddos who I used to babysit compete. Do not ask me how this child is now a senior in high school, is 5 inches taller than me, and could probably break me in half. I blame his 5 years worth of wrestling!
I'll have to admit (and totally sound like a terrible OSU alum since I'm pretty sure we were National Champions every year I was there) that I had never seen a single wrestling match. Well.....I got caught up by watching about 5 hours worth on that Saturday! Did ya'll know that wrestling is the oldest sport in the world? It is the only sport mentioned in the Bible and it was at the first Olympic games.I'm absolutely in love with Justin Moore's new song If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away. I tell you what, you change a few names and dates in that song, and I could have written it!
4. Buried Life.
I know I've blogged about this show before, but this past weekend I had myself a little Buried Life marathon and let me just tell you....I love those guys! I mean, they are over the top and crazy but they make me want to really LIVE my life!
5. South African Safari.
I'll admit it. I've been watching this season of the Bachelor. Yes, I know it's stupid and trashy and ridiculous, but after a day at work, I enjoy the mindlessness of it all, and seriously, the dude has a southern accent that just melts my heart. Anyway.....after this week's episode, I have officially added South Africa to my list of travel destinations. Safari here I come! It looks SO beautiful and I'm itching to hop on that plane right now! (That giant THUD you heard was one or both of my parents falling over dead at the thought of this. Just FYI.)
6. Cards for Little Linebacker.
You know those people who seem to just have things all together and organized and always have the best ideas? SoulMate Friend is one of those people! At Little Linebacker's First Birthday Party, she handed everyone an envelope with a number written on the back.
Then she explained that inside was a blank card, and we were to write a letter to Little Linebacker for him to open on the birthday corresponding with the number on the back of our envelope. The idea was to tell him something that we wish we would have known at that age, to give him advice, etc. So, for example, I wrote him a letter to be opened next year on his 2nd birthday. One of his aunts wrote a letter for him to openon his 5th birthday.
On behalf of SoulMate Friend---feel free to steal away for your own kid's birthday parties!
7. Morning Ritual.
And, lastly, I leave you with what may become my new morning ritual. Apparently this is old, but I hadn't seen it until yesterday, but I LOVE it. Just click here.
And that's it for this brain dump....it feels good to get all of these random things out in one blog! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :)
7. Morning Ritual.
And, lastly, I leave you with what may become my new morning ritual. Apparently this is old, but I hadn't seen it until yesterday, but I LOVE it. Just click here.
And that's it for this brain dump....it feels good to get all of these random things out in one blog! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :)




4 comments:
Great dump. Don't think I've ever put those two words together before. I love the Morning Ritual - so cute! And I am, for the record, improvising Soul Mate friend's birthday card idea for a baby shower I'm hosting for my cousin. Slightly different - it will be a surprise to the mom-to-be. She'll be given a lovely stack of cards that her immediate family and her husband's immediate family have prepared. Thanks to Soul Mate friend for such a clever idea.
-College Roomie
Love brain dump posts... sometimes it's good to get snippets of life out! :) Happy Friday!
I love brain dump posts, too! Hope you therapy is going well. I had a PT for a running injury and he was a total hottie:)
You aren't the only one watching The Bachelor... I just can't stop! And a safari to Africa sounds fantastic - let me know when you book your tickets!
- Brittany
Post a Comment